Sports

Dramatic video shows California flash flood rushing towards people in auto

Dramatic video shows California flash flood rushing towards people in auto

The cause of death for all decedents will be listed as "Multiple traumatic injuries due to flash flood with mudslides due to recent wildfire", said the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's office, which today released the names of the 17 people, aged three to 89, who lost their lives in the mudslides, all from Montecito.

A semi-tractor trailer sits stuck in mud on U.S. Highway 101, in Montecito. Authorities say they need to limit people in the area so the backhoes and front-end loaders can continue digging out streets. At least two of her family cars were destroyed and she's not sure how her cottage fared. We are sorry to report that her house was completely washed away and more heartbreak is that her husband Dave and her 16-year old son Jack are still missing.

The other children killed were 6-year-old Peerawat Sutthithepn, 10-year-old Jonathan Benitez and 12-year-old Sawyer Corey.

"At this moment, we are still looking for live victims".

The mud quickly filled his home and mud could be seen splattered against his white walls.

Before the news conference had ended, Brown returned to the microphone, and with a happy tone said a phone call had just come in about Keating. "Five minutes later, (I) heard (a) loud whish sound".

The mudslide swept through the coastal community of Montecito on Tuesday morning, catching numerous victims entirely off-guard.

At a Red Cross shelter on Thursday night, evacuee Hannah Troy petted her two dogs, Lu and Gabriel, and recounted how firefighters carried them to safety through the muck.

The disaster struck on Tuesday after heavy rains soaked the area near Montecito, where vegetation had been denuded by the largest wildfire in California's history. Shortly, he would be moving furniture around to keep the mud from getting into his home.

More news: Liverpool a top team without Coutinho - Guardiola

The 69-year-old woman and her boyfriend were at home Tuesday when the mudslide swept through the neighborhood.

Mr Johnson told the Santa Barbara Independent newspaper that the pair joined a fireman to dig the toddler out, before scooping mud out of her mouth.

The eased restrictions affect areas south of Highway 192 from Ortega Ridge Road to the Santa Barbara and Ventura county line.

The hard search goes on in Montecito, California, five days after storm-spawned mudslides roared down from fire-stripped hillsides and smashed through dozens of homes, killing at least 18 people and leaving others missing.

He said on Facebook that 4 feet 9 inches of "raging mud" filled their home and that his vehicle was swept away. McTigue said the area's steep canyons also played a role, as torrential rainfall had nowhere to go except off the hillside and into the Montecito community.

In many cases, the mud burst through homes, sweeping victims away.

Johnson pulled a baby submerged in about 4 feet of mud, KSBY reported.

"Load up the auto, get the dogs, we're out of here", the 58-year-old shopping center developer says he told his wife.

"I am blessed and I am going to do whatever I can for the rest of the community", Winfrey said, "and we all just love the firefighters".